Friday, December 24, 2010

So, this is Christmas...


A Very Merry Christmas to ALL of our friends! Lest you think you didn't make it to our proper Christmas card list, I'll let you in on my secret... NO ONE made it to our Christmas card list. I have the cards and the intention, I just don't have the motivation.

Once again, we find ourselves blessed with many friendships.

We are continuing to blossom here in the South. The kids are happy in their schools. (Although, Payton will deny it). They are all doing well. Pretty much geniuses (genii?) I won't gloat. But, they're pretty smart kids.

Payton is playing viola in the orchestra. He loves it. We don't know why. He refuses to practice. But, when we threaten to stop the whole thing, he recommits himself. We can't figure out any underlying motive. That will be on our "to do list" for 2011. Oh yeah, and he turned 13. **gulp**

Taylor took some time off of piano to do archery, beta club, and math olympiad. She's a tough, smart cookie. She wants to be a lawyer when she grows up because she's so good at arguing. (I would give her an "A"). She practices every day. She may live to turn 13. **GULP**

Macy is loving the 2nd grade and gymnastics. She has a lot of friends and loves her teacher. Isn't 2nd grade the best? She informed me that she hadn't received any mistletoe kisses this year. I told her it was best to save those until she was older. She said, "Well, when I'm a teenager I won't even be here. I'll be in Hollywood making movies and Christmas specials." That's Macy. I'm not going to let her turn 13.

Reily and I spend A LOT of time together. This year she has excelled at gymnastics (like, future olympian, seriously) and dropped out of pre-school. She has a very busy social schedule with too many BFFs to count. She'll wear me out before she turns 13.

I have been bit by the crafting bug. I'm thinkin' of opening an etsy shop at some point. But, don't hold your breath. I'm in the home stretch of juicing up my graphic design portfolio. It's going to take some prayers and some serious midnight oil to get it all done by March.

Blaine is doing well at the University. He really likes to teach and tells me he's pretty funny. He's stopped telling me how smart he is. It's just assumed and accepted around here. He had some major papers published and is just itching for a good grant...again, prayers.

We are doing well. We hit some rough spots with bad luck and major catastrophes for a few months, but I think we've ridden them out. Just small, daily catastrophes right now....major appliances, dental work, stuff like that. I think we'll weather it well.

2011 couldn't have come at a better time.

We are truly grateful for our friendships scattered all around the globe. When I think of where we've been and who we've had in our lives, you are all a giant part of who we've become; and we consider you family.

Love and Best Wishes,

The Griffens

No comments:

Post a Comment